Tuesday 7 July 2015

Elderflower and Goosberry !




                It's funny how connections happen !





          My first venture into cordial making happened recently.




   
         Then yesterday I harvested some goosberries and wondering
                     what to do with them I 'googled'  my question.



      
        I was astonished to discover that Elder flower cordial was a perfect compliment to goosberry, you could have blown me over. I couldn't wait to try the combination. So I added 2 tablespoons of my cordial to the goosberries when stewing them.




 

  I made a crumble mixture with a few scoops of oatmeal a table spoon of white  flour, a table spoon of brown sugar and an ounce of butter,  I added a few strawberries to one of the crumbles ( just for variety). And cooked them all for about 40 minutes in an oven at 160 C.






            Served with some Greek Yogourt and good coffee.
                           Afternoon Delight !



No comments: