Sunday 5 July 2015

Centering The Body, Mind And Spirit (Beginning T'ai Chi Lessons and Warm Up Exercises)







Trees have 'It ', so their company refreshes and calms my mind. The 'It' I am referring to is a strong yet calm centred presence.
 A sense that all is well and all will be well fills my body and mind when I take the time to notice the trees and  feel their presence.
Their beauty and serenity finds a mirror in my heart and my body begins to resonate with their calm centred energy.
Looking deeply at their form and shape is a meditation and awakens my sense of gratitude for the beauty of this world.

The practice of T'ai Chi awakened me to the importance of centring my body. When the body is centred, bones can align, muscles can work easily to maintain balance,tension eases and so the mind becomes calm and still. In this state we can work to our full potential.
Our practice builds awareness, peace, presence and humility as we acknowledge our struggle to become more and more centred.



Beginning Posture of the Mini Form from ann on Vimeo.






Warm up exercises from ann on Vimeo.








Figure 8 Practice from ann on Vimeo.











No comments: