Sunday 29 June 2014

Thoor Ballylee Yeats' Tower


Each time I pass the sign post for Thoor Ballylee I feel drawn to revisit so last evening on my way home from Galway I answered that call.





The  road leading to Toor Ballyle.










And stopped off there .





It is easy to understand his love for this quiet, soft place.






So lovely in the evening light.






Quiet woods,







And gentle flowing river,






And meadows where minds can wander and reflect.







I, the poet William Yeats,

With old mill boards and sea-green slates,

And smithy work from the Gort forge,

Restored this tower for my wife George.

And may these characters remain

When all is ruin once again.
            W.B Yeats



























Each time I passed the sign post for Toor Balleylee I have felt drawn to revisit .


No comments: