Sunday 19 January 2014

Homing Pigeon's And Us






Suzie and I often meet these pigeons on our morning walk. They fly in large circles above us also having their morning exercise.
Yesterday as they flew over head I began to wonder about their ability to find their way home.
Firstly I  thought how would they find their way to someone else's place, then I remembered that they can only find their way home.
This set me thinking about us humans and our  homing device.  I began to jump up and down with delight as it dawned on me.
Our feelings are our homing device, they let us know if we are on track. By on track I mean if we are fulfilling our purpose.
 When we are in alignment with our true nature we feel good inside.
This is the good feeling we get when we have done a good day's work, or the good feeling we get from letting someone out in traffic even though we are also caught for time.
 You know that feeling of inner joy you get from helping. There is nothing quite like it and it is a great compass needle to let us know we are heading in the right direction.









No comments: