Saturday 16 November 2013

Self Worth








Pain can be a good thing when  it alerts us to problems that we are ignoring at least that has been my experience.

 During the last few weeks  my tooth ache, that I had been refusing to deal with really acted up.
Even when I was in Portugal it was giving me trouble on and off. This has been going on for a while and it is a bit embarrassing to admit that I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to teeth.

Anyway , maybe thanks to the energy work in Portugal I decided it was time to face my fears and consult a new dentist.
He  said there were two options, extraction or root canal treatment, the latter would solve the problem but cost  in the order of eight hundred to a thousand euros.

What I found interesting was the soul searching I had to go through to allow myself to spend that much money on my tooth. Looking back now it seems ridiculous that it wasn't a straight forward decision.
In hindsight it seems obvious to me that it was a  esteem issue.

In some strange way it brought up value issues. It was a wake up call to let me know about putting a value on well being.  Once I booked the treatment something shifted inside and I became conscious of other aspects of my life that I was undervaluing.

Dealing with this tooth ache has brought about a big change in my self value and a huge shift in my energy level and confidence. My inner being felt my care and love , felt appreciated and respected and this has resulted in a big shift in energy.

Just as  when someone acknowledges you for a job well done and this gives you the energy to go on and do hours more work. My inner self felt the care, the shift in my own self worth. It may seem something small to an outsider looking on but it has made a big difference to me. Sometimes we don't  even  realize how we are under valuing ourselves until a crisis happens and we are forced to act.

I am very conscious of making gratitude lists and acknowledging the aspects of life that I am grateful for. Thanks to this tooth ache for making me conscious of the importance of paying due respect to my body.
It is also more evidence that everything that happens in  life can be of value, everything can be an opportunity to grow and learn.












No comments: