Sunday 29 September 2013

Savouring





       It is Sunday morning here and I'm planning to savour today.
       As I lay in bed contemplating my day ahead I reflected
       on some of the positive aspects of my life. Some of the
       simple pleasures that make my heart sing.
       Then I got up and took some photos in order to share some
       of these simple but really sustaining pleasures that enrich
       my life. I find it really good to remind myself often of how
       privileged it is to have this life and all these delights.





                       Flowers to greet me as I come down stairs







                    Delicious freshly made coffee to share with John








                    Beautiful Autumn colours through the window.








             And apples from the garden whose  imperfections  remind me
                  that love does not need us to be blemish free.


            Why not look around your space and better still your life and
            notice what you like and love. Dwelling on the positive aspects
                 really  enrichs our days.


             A final word from Mark Twain.

           “Drag your thoughts away from your troubles…
   
            by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.”

            I hope you have a Savourful day.




               

No comments: