Tuesday 27 August 2013

Resonance



Now that my ' new year ' has begun important to keep optimism,  and momentum up and in my experience the way to do this is through resonance.






Let me explain what I mean .
Firstly resonance is the response of a body to vibrations of it's own natural frequency .

One familiar example is a playground swing, which acts as a pendulum. Pushing a person in a swing in time with the natural interval of the swing (its resonant frequency) will make the swing go higher and higher (maximum amplitude), while attempts to push the swing at a faster or slower tempo will result in smaller arcs. This is because the energy the swing absorbs is maximized when the pushes are "in phase" with the swing's natural oscillations, while some of the swing's energy is actually extracted by the opposing force of the pushes when they are not.

So what has all this got to do with keeping up my momentum etc ?
In my experience of changing my habits to more effective and positive ones,  finding people and practices' that resonate with me has been and still is  the greatest support.

I look back to a time when life felt like a struggle , when most of my time was spent looking forward to the next ' break'.
 I am so grateful now for finding practices' that resonated with me and allowed me to find joy, peace , fun , and love right here and now.  Practices that showed me how to look inside and find my own answers.

We live in an amazing age which allow us to connect with others who are interested in similar topics , people we resonate with , books we resonate with , uplifting movies we resonate with .

 It is all out there to help us find what makes our soul sing.

So lets notice what resonates with our ' higher selves' and spend some time there .

I found this cool youtube video on resonance for those of you
 who resonate with my love for science.  Resonance

No comments: