Tuesday 14 May 2013

I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me. - Hermann Hesse



Being a seeker I can empathise with Hesse.  For as far back as I can remember I have wanted to know and understand the  ' Big " questions . Why am I here ?  What is this life all about ?  I am still searching and each discovery brings more depth more understanding more certainty that this life has purpose. That we are all born with work to do and that if we ask and search directions will be given to us.

I haven't always recognised the instructions, sometimes it is with hindsight that the answer dawns on me .
I thank my practise's for  the insights, without reflection ,without learning to listen to ' the teachings  my blood whispers to me' I would have missed so much.

When you learn to quieten the thinking mind ( or not even completely quieten ) just not let it distract you from  
the stillness and silence that surrounds and interpenetrates your thoughts. Insights and teachings can be recognised.

There are many methods to achieve this , we live in an amazing time of opportunity so many teachings that were hidden are now available to all of us.

I really began with T'ai Chi and it is still central to my life , Open Focus added  a depth to that practice and all the other teachings I have investigated.

Open Focus  exercises are what allow me to pay attention to the whisperings of my blood in all the activities of my day. Whether I am  giving a Reconnection session , teaching T'ai Chi , or allowing my thoughts to flow to the screen here .

If  you are reading this you too are a seeker you too have 'Big ' questions and no doubt like me you have found some answers.

Just for a minute now reflect on some of the answers that you have found.

Acknowledge them , thank the eternal wisdom  that directed you to those insights.

 In doing this you will be priming yourself for more answers.

May you find insights and fulfilment of your deepest dreams and longings.




No comments: