Friday 14 September 2012

I have been thinking about yesterday's blog post . John ( husband ) read it and asked me if I thought there was something wrong with reflecting on the past. He interpreted my post to mean all thinking of past or future to be a waste.  ( A big discussion ensued ). And so I'm going to write some more about what I was referring to. I think reflecting on  past or planning for future events is great , what I was talking about was being able to be as fully present in whatever task one is doing. When listening really listen, when training be there etc. Does this mean the mind doesn't wander , no but when one can be present even to the wandering of one's mind one has the power to bring one's attention back again , and again and again. As a Zen master once said " It's not how often one falls asleep it's how often one wakes up that counts".

No comments: