Sunday 1 April 2012

Lessons 1,2 and 3 for Saturday's class



I came across this anonymous story and just had to share it !

I have never lived in the same province as my only niece but she and I have a special bond. Since she was two years old I have written her a letter every week!

We refer to them as my Thursday letters because my day off used to be Thursday and the first thing I would do would be to write to Brooke. She is ten now and quite grown up, but I continue to cherish the times when I write to her. I have only missed six Thursdays in eight years; because of a mail strike and a hospital stay.

When Brooke was four she was talking with my mom. "Auntie Steph writes me a letter every week," she said

"That's a lot of letters," my mom replied. "What does she write about?"

"Well ..." Brooke thought about it. "She tells me that she loves me! Sometimes she says it long and sometimes she says it short!"

She was absolutely right! She saw the love right through the envelope, past the stickers and addressed to her heart !

No comments: