Tuesday 6 September 2011

" Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all

the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

Yesterday's quote from The Course In Miracles has been playing on my mind. It feels so true to my experience. Fear has been a big barrier in my life (often unconscious fear) that I only realized was there when I did some work to notice who or what I was keeping out or defending myself against.

The " Work " of Byron Katie has been a huge help to me in this regard. I have a close friend Margaret ( I think John O Donoghue would call her an 'Ainm Cara ' or soul friend ), whenever there is a stressful thought bothering me I write one of Katie's work sheets on the thought and we work through my beliefs as written on the paper. I am usually amazed by the insights uncovered in working through the questions, amazed by the faulty beliefs which were keeping me stuck and keeping love out.

http://www.thework.com It is a great tool for opening the mind.

No comments: