Sunday 28 August 2011




" Well, I think it makes a huge difference when you wake in the morning and come out of your house. Whether you believe you are walking into dead geographical location, which is used to get to a destination, or whether you are emerging out into a landscape that is just as much, if not more, alive as you but in a totally different form. And if you go towards it with an open heart and a real watchful reverence, that you will be absolutely amazed at what it will reveal to you. And I think that was one of the recognitions of the Celtic imagination: that landscape wasn't just matter, but that it was actually alive. What amazes me about landscape, landscape recalls you into a mindful mode of stillness, solitude, and silence where you can truly receive time. "
John O Donoghue (from an interview with Ms. Krista Tippett, ).

The landscape of west Kerry always awakens the stillness in me , my trip there a few weeks ago has rekindled my love for that landscape and in some strange way awoken me to the magic of all the space around me here at home too. I took lots of photographs and the beauty and nobility of that landscape enriches me each time I look at them.

No comments: