Wednesday 13 July 2011

. . .despite our differences we're all alike. Beyond identities and desires, there is a common core of self- an essential humanity whose nature is peace and whose expression is thought and whose action is unconditional love. When we identify with that inner core, respecting and honoring it in others as well as ourselves, we experience healing in every aspect of our lives."
- Joan Borysenko, Minding the body, Mending the Mind.

The more I come to love and respect myself unconditionally the easier and more natural it is to love those around me. When I'm agitated and upset in and with myself the harder it is to see and feel the love and perfection in and from others. Yesterday as I allowed myself to BE, as I relaxed into my day not pushing myself (to get more done). I found myself loving and enjoying the company of my family , my dog,the peace in my garden, the people I met. So today I've decided to let go even more ,to live today as if everything is perfect, even when my mind tells me otherwise. I have noticed that the mind is never satisfied and always tells me that I'm not quite 'there' yet. So for today when thoughts arise that things should be other than they are , I plan to acknowledge that these are just thoughts and return to relaxing and letting go.

No comments: